Origin Energy Says BassGas Project Making Progress
The BassGas Project continues to make progress towards start-up. The commissioning of the onshore plant is approximately 60% complete and remedial works on the Yolla A platform are progressing.
Offshore, the accommodation support vessel the Safe Astoria was connected to the Yolla A Platform in January approximately three weeks later than expected. The vessel is fully operational with project staff undertaking critical remedial work on the platform in preparation for the commissioning of this facility.
Additional integrity assurance work and slower than expected progress of some commissioning work at the onshore plant has resulted in the schedule for steady gas production being delayed by approximately one month. It is now expected that the introduction of sales gas from the Victorian grid will commence in late February for final commissioning of the plant.
Consequently the date at which the project will be fully operational has been delayed by approximately one month from previous advice, with product sales commencing in March and full production expected from late April.
Project participants are Origin Energy Resources Limited* as operator with 37.5%; Origin Energy Northwest Limited* with 5.0%; AWE Petroleum Pty Ltd with 30.0%; CalEnergy Gas (Australia) Limited with 15.0%; Wandoo Petroleum Pty Ltd with 12.5%; *a wholly owned subsidiary of Origin Energy Limited
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)