Anzon Spuds Manta-2 Well Offshore Australia
Anzon says the Manta-2 development well located in Vic/L26 Production Licence in the Gippsland Basin offshore Australia spudded January 17, 2006.
Manta-2 is located approximately 3 kilometers to the north of the Basker Oil Field and is the second of five wells planned to develop the Basker-Manta fields for oil production (see map). The well is designed as a deviated well to develop three principal oil reservoirs discovered by the Manta-1 exploration well in 1984. Its planned total vertical depth is 2892 meters and the well is expected to take about 35 days to drill and evaluate.
Manta-2 will be drilled by the Ocean Patriot, the rig that drilled Basker-2 in August-September, 2005. This rig will also drill Basker-3, 4, and 5 which will follow Manta-2.
Participants in the Manta-2 well are Anzon Australia as operator with 50% and Beach Petroleum with the remaining 50%.
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)
Company: Anzon Australia more info
- Ocean Patriot Completes Drilling Program at BMG Field (Sep 03)
- Pertamina Picks Up Stake in Offshore BMG Project (Aug 19)
- Roc Oil Highlights Workover Program at BMG Oil and Gas Field (Aug 04)