Marley-1 Exploration Well Suspended
Following re-manning of the rig after Cyclone Clare the Marley-1 exploration well has been suspended due to mechanical problems encountered when re-entering the well. The well had been drilled to a measured depth of 3,115 meters.
Suspending the Marley well at this stage will allow the Joint Venture Partners to re-evaluate the design of this high pressure well such that the primary objective can be drilled and fully evaluated. The Ensco 106 rig will move off the Marley-1 location later this week and will return to drill other Harriet Joint Venture wells in March.
The well is located in permit TL/5 in the Barrow sub-basin approximately 3.5 kilometers west-southwest of the existing Campbell Platform.
Participants in the TL/5 joint venture are Apache Northwest Pty with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)