Halt in Operations for West Navigator
Smedvig's West Navigator has experienced a 10-day halt in operations due to repair work on the unit's blow out preventer (BOP). The Company expects the unit to resume operations by January 31, 2006. The rig is currently working offshore Norway on the Ormen Lange field for Shell.
Ormen Lange is the largest gas field under development on the Norwegian continental shelf. It is located 100 kilometers off the northwest coast of Norway at water depths of between 850 and 1,100 meters.
Licenses for Ormen Lange are Norsk Hydro as development phase operator with 18.0728%; AS Norske Shell as production phase operator with 17.0375%; Petoror ASA with 36.4750%; Statoil with 10.8441%; Esso Exploration and Production Norway with 7.2285% and DONG with 10.3420%.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Smedvig ASA more info
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- Endeavour Enters $40 Million Strategic Investment with Smedvig (Dec 26)
- Smedvig is History, from Today It's Seadrill (Jun 01)