NPD Ups Goliat Resource Estimate
Subsequent to the drilling of exploration well 7122/7-3, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has made an upward adjustment of the estimated proven resources in the Goliat discovery in production license 229. The new estimate indicates approximately 250 million barrels of oil equivalents, made up of approximately 75 percent oil and 25 percent gas. The resources in the Kobbe formation account for the largest portion of this estimate.
In addition to the fact that well 7122/7-3 proved considerably greater resources in the Goliat discovery, the discovery in the deeper formation is considered very positive, as it proves a previously unconfirmed petroleum potential in this part of the Hammerfest basin. The discovery could be significant for future exploration in adjacent parts of the Barents Sea.
Well 7122/7-3 was not production-tested, but extensive logging and core sampling have been done for further evaluation. Additional drilling is planned within the production license in 2006.
The Eirik Raude drilling facility will be taken over by Statoil for drilling of wildcat well 7227/11-1 S on the Uranus structure in production license 202.
Licensees in production license 229 are Eni Norge as operator with 65%; Statoil with 20% and DNO with 15%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)