Two New Companies Pre-Qualify on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
Petro-Canada has been pre-qualified as an operator and Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) has been pre-qualified as a licensee on the Norwegian continental shelf.
To get new competent players to enter the shelf, the Norwegian authorities have established a system for pre-qualification of both licensees and operators.
The reason for establishing this system is to provide companies with the option of an evaluation of their suitability for participation on the Norwegian continental shelf before the companies devote resources to evaluating specific business opportunities.
Petro-Canada is one of Canada's largest oil and gas companies. The company has nearly 500 employees and is headquartered in Calgary.
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petro-Canada more info
- C-NLOPB Approves Hebron Application (May 31)
- Petro-Canada to Fire Up Syrian Gas Production Soon (Apr 06)
- Faroe: Possible Hydrocarbons Found in North Sea Well (Mar 23)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)