Grenland to Provide Topside Engineering for Mosvold Drilling
Grenland Group has obtained another total engineering contract for a topside on a drillship designed for operations in deepwater. This confirms the position of Grenland Group as one of the worlds leading drillship topside designers.
On January 11, 2006, Grenland Group ASA, by its subsidiary, Grenland Framnaes AS signed an engineering contract with one of the largest shipbuilders in the world, Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) in Korea. The contract covers extensive engineering work of a drilling module/topside for the newbuilding deepwater drillship of Mosvold Drilling Ltd. The engineering work starts immediately and is planned completed by the summer 2006. At the peak of the project work, 45 persons will be engaged in the Tønsberg facilities of Grenland Group. The contract value is approx. NOK 25 million.
Grenland Group which also has its own drilling rig designs, has a long and distinguished history in topside designs and is currently working on a similar project for SHI doing the engineering work for the topside of another deepwater drillship to be delivered to Stena Drilling. This contract has a value in the order of NOK 30 million. The work started in the autumn of 2005 and is expected completed by April 2006.
Altogether 70 persons will be engaged at peak in the two drillship projects in Tønsberg. In addition, during the engineering period of the projects, 10-15 persons from Samsung together with representatives from Mosvold and Stena will be present following the engineering work.
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)
Company: Mosvold Drilling more info
- Seadrill Takes a Financial Hit from Contractor Investments (Feb 23)
- First Jackup Rigs to be Built in the UAE to be Classed by ABS (Jul 13)
- Smedvig to Supervise Construction of SeaDrill Newbuild Units (Feb 23)