Total's Gengibre-2 Appraisal Well Confirms Earlier Discovery
Sociedade Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola (Sonangol) and Total announce that the Gengibre-2 appraisal well confirmed the potential of the early 2005 Gengibre-1 discovery well in Block 32 in the Angolan ultra-deep offshore.
Located around 2 kilometers from Gengibre-1 in a water depth of 1,697 meters, Gengibre-2 encountered a number of objectives before reaching a total depth of 4,342 meters. During two tests, it flowed at 4,540 barrels of oil per day from a Miocene reservoir and 5,100 barrels of oil per day from an Oligocene reservoir.
The Gengibre find is located in the eastern section of Block 32, around 17 kilometers from the 2003 Gindungo discovery and 12 kilometers from the 2004 Canela-1 discovery. Technical studies are underway for joint development of the discoveries.
Sonangol is the Block 32 concessionaire. Total operates the block with a 30% interest, alongside Marathon Oil Company (30%), Sonangol E.P. (20%), Esso Exploration and Production Angola (Overseas) Limited (15%) and Petrogal (5%).
Total is Africa's leading international oil producer, with output of 813,000 barrels oil equivalent per day in 2004. The Group had equity production of 164,000 barrels oil equivalent per day in Angola in 2004, where it is pursuing a major development program.
Operates 13 Offshore Rigs
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Exxon Mobil Partnering With Pakistan for Third LNG Terminal (Mar 16)
- Tillerson Has 180 Million Reasons Not to Return to Oil Industry (Mar 13)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Eni Promises Richer Returns After Exploration Success (Mar 16)
- Exxon, Total, Repsol Among Bidders For Oil Exploration Off Greece (Mar 05)
- Total, Edison Get Greek Go-Ahead For Oil And Gas Exploration (Feb 28)
Company: Marathon Oil Company more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Harvey's Wake Tempers Bullish Outlook for US Oil Output Growth (Sep 01)
- RoyalGate to Drill New Well in Equatorial Guinea's Block Z (Sep 25)
- ShaMaran Subsidiary to Contest TAQA Default Notice (Sep 21)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Petrogal more info
- Petrobras Confirms Oil Find at Pitu North-1 Well in Brazil's Potiguar Basin (Nov 18)
- First Oil Flows from 7-SPH-04-SPS Well in Sapinhoa Field in Santos Basin (Apr 07)
- SBM in $3.5B FPSO Deal (Jul 15)