AMEC Awarded Contract for Maria Brownfield Gas Project from BG
AMEC has been awarded a three-year service contract from BG Group to provide support to all of BG's UK Upstream assets and manage the development of the Maria brownfield gas project in the North Sea.
The initial value of the contract is approximately £90million.
The scope of the contract includes engineering, procurement, construction and project management for brownfield modifications and projects. Work will commence immediately to secure production from the Maria field by the first quarter of 2007. Maria is a two-well subsea development tied back to BG's Armada platform. Recoverable reserves are estimated to be 35 million barrels of oil equivalent.
AMEC will also execute any additional future brownfield UK upstream projects that BG initiates during the contract period, with each being subject to separate and additional financial arrangements agreed at the appropriate time.
Neil Bruce, AMEC Oil & Gas Managing Director, said "This contract reaffirms our position as a leading provider of asset support services and brownfield modifications - an area in which AMEC Oil & Gas has considerable expertise. Our relationship with BG is long standing and we are very pleased to be working on this strategically important contract, continuing our strong track record in the
execution of modification and project work."
- Shell Mulls LNG-Hub Network as Use by Ships and Trucks Expands (Jul 11)
- Tanzania Laws Would Allow Govt to Tear Up Mining, Energy Deals (Jun 29)
- Despite Cuts, Big Oil to Expand Production into the 2020s (Sep 05)
Company: AMEC more info
- Aberdeen-based Jee Wins Enhance Oil Recovery Contract (May 21)
- UK's Oil Services Firms To Cut Jobs To Ride Out Price Slump (Apr 28)
- Amec Foster Wheeler Buys Scopus Group (Dec 15)