Magnolia-1 Preliminary Results Disappointing
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited, on behalf of its wholly owned subsidiary AWE Timor Sea Pty Ltd, reports that the Magnolia-1 exploration well has been drilled to a measured depth of 2,987 meters. The primary target Montara Formation and one of the two secondary targets have been intersected without encountering hydrocarbon shows. Progress since the last report is 1,607 meters.
Magnolia-1 is located in the offshore Timor Sea region, approximately 19 kilometers northeast of the Montara oil field and 28 kilometers southeast of the Skua oil field. Magnolia-1 has a planned total depth of 3,240 meters.
Participants in AC/P 32 are Coogee Resources as the operator of Magnolia-1 with 20%; AWE Timor Sea Pty Ltd ("AWE") with 10.0%; OPIC Australia Pty Ltd with 25.0%; Norwest Energy NL as permit operator with 19.6%; Adelphi Energy Limited with 15.0%; and Bounty Oil and Gas NL with 10.4%.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Norwest Energy NL more info
- Transerv, Norwest Join Hands to Drill Xanadu Prospect in Perth Basin Off WA (Jul 11)
- Australia's Norwest Energy Updates on Operations at its Upstream Assets (Sep 15)
- Norwest Energy Forms Alliance with Rey Resources to Develop Assets in WA (Jun 03)
Company: Coogee Resources more info
- PTTEP Inks Agreement to Acquire 100% of Coogee Resources for $170MM (Dec 26)
- Coogee Resources to Initiate 100% Sale of Company (Oct 17)
- Coogee Resources to Abandon Wisteria-1 (Sep 18)
Company: OPIC Australia Pty Ltd more info
- Magnolia-1 Preliminary Results Disappointing (Jan 09)