SeaDrill Sells Ocean Rig ASA Position
The Board of SeaDrill has on January 6, accepted an offer to sell the Company's position in Ocean Rig ASA. Totally, 21,414,028 shares were sold at NOK 89 per share. In addition, the Ocean Rig ASA 04/07 Convertible Bond, nominal value NOK 10,500,000, which may be converted into 552,632 shares in Ocean Rig ASA, were sold, basis same price. The transaction will generate a profit of approximately US $80 million to be recorded in Q1 2006.
The Investment in Ocean Rig has, since it was acquired in 2005, been considered as an opportunistic investment. The proceed from the sale, estimated to approximately US $298 million, will be used to expand SeaDrill's own business including further acquisitions as well as capital reserved for financing part of the Company's US $1.5 billion fixed price newbuilding option program.
Manages 14 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)