Eni Confirms Potential of Goliat Field in Barents Sea
Eni is successfully continuing its exploration campaign in Barents Sea deepwater. The well 7122/7-3 has confirmed the potential of the Goliat field, located 85 km northwest of Hammerfest, Norway.
The well drilled to a total depth of 2,701 meters in 343 meters of water has found a total hydrocarbon thickness of 180 meters. Operations in Goliath field are managed by Eni (operator, 65%), Statoil (20%) and DNO (15%).
Following this successful exploration phase, Eni will perform a re-evaluation the Goliat area with the aim to start the commercial development of the field in full accordance with technical and environmental requirements. More drilling is scheduled for 2006.
Eni's exploration and production activities in Norway began
in 1964 with first production occurring in 1971 when partnering
in the Ekofisk field. Eni's current production of oil and
gas in Norway is 140,000 barrels of oil per day (boed).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)