J. Ray McDermott Awarded Project for Qatargas Jackets
J. Ray McDermott Eastern Hemisphere Ltd., a subsidiary of J. Ray McDermott, S.A., has been awarded a contract for the construction and installation of three wellhead jackets for the Qatargas 3 Project's and Qatargas 4 Project's offshore facilities. Contracts of this type are typically valued at over US $20 million.
The Qatargas 3 Project is a joint venture initiative between Qatar Petroleum and ConocoPhillips Qatar Ltd.; and the Qatargas 4 Project is a joint venture initiative between Qatar Petroleum and Shell.
"Qatar is a growing market for LNG field developments, and we are pleased to be part of another significant offshore venture in Qatar's gas-rich North Field," said Hafez Aghili, president, J. Ray McDermott Middle East.
Scheduled to begin in the first quarter of 2006, the contract requires J. Ray to construct and install three four-leg jackets each weighing approximately 900MT; associated piles; two J-tubes; appurtenances; and two temporary work decks for each platform for Wellhead 7, Wellhead 8, and Wellhead 9. Installation is scheduled for later in the year.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)
Company: Qatar Petroleum more info
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- Qatar Says It's Fulfilling Oil and Gas Deals Despite Gulf Crisis (Sep 13)
- Cyprus Says to Push Ahead with Energy Plans Despite Challenges (Jun 29)