Roc Oil to Accelerate Angolan Drilling Program
Roc Oil (Cabinda) Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of ROC, says that the processing and initial interpretation of the 162 sq km 3D and 505 km 2D seismic acquired in the Cabinda South Block, onshore Angola, between June and November 2005 continues to yield encouraging results with numerous prospects and leads and several different play concepts being identified.
As a consequence of the seismic data processed and interpreted to date, the ROC-operated Cabinda South Joint Venture has agreed to accelerate the exploration program through 2006 with the intention of drilling the first of an initial program of three exploration wells in September, 2006. In this context, the 2006 budget exploration expenditure for the Cabinda South Block is expected to be approximately US $45 million of which ROC will contribute about US $34 million/A $45 million.
Commenting on the implications of the seismic data, ROC's Chief Executive Officer Dr John Doran stated that:
"Although interpretation is still at a preliminary stage, the seismic reviewed to date has confirmed onshore Angola in the pole position within ROC's exploration portfolio, as evidenced by the greatly accelerated 2006 work program."
The Cabinda South Joint Venture is comprised of ROC as operator with a 60% working interest and 75% contributing interest; Force Petroleum with a 20% working interest and a 25% contributing interest and Sonangol with a 20% working interest.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Sonangol more info
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- US Oil Firm Cobalt Files For Arbitration Against Angola For $2B (May 12)
- US Firm Cobalt Threatens Arbitration Over Angolan Oil Assets (Apr 03)
Company: Force Petroleum more info
- Angola: Production Testing in Progress at Castanha-1 (Feb 18)
- Cabinda Onshore South Block Partners Prep Production Test (Feb 08)
- Pluspetrol Spuds First '09 Well in Cabinda South Block (Nov 17)