COSL Inks Deal for Geothermal Well Cementing Work in the Philippines
China Oilfield Services Limited has signed a two-year geothermal well cementing services contract with Philippine National Oil Corporation("PNOC").
As COSL has always been providing quality cementing services to its clients, the Company successfully won the bid among competitions with other international peers. The development plan of the geothermal well cementing services contract in the Philippines includes 28 wells. The total amount of the two-year contract is approximately US$3.7 million and the drilling operation is expected to commence in March 2006. According to the terms of the contract, COSL will provide PNOC with facilities, tools, manpower and technical support in order to help PNOC to extract geothermal energy for power generation.
Mr. Yuan Guangyu, CEO and President of COSL, said, "International expansion strategy has always been one of the four strategies embraced by the Company upon listing. Recently, apart from the new drilling contracts we obtained in Myanmar and Australia, we have also secured more and more international services contracts in other business segments. This contract signifies an important breakthrough for COSL's cementing services in the overseas market. We would like to thank PNOC for the recognition of our service quality. Looking ahead, we will further enhance our service quality, in order to win more contracts from our new and existing customers."
- China's COSL Completes 3D Seismic Ops in North Barents Sea (Aug 10)
- COSL Completes its First Exploration Assignment in the Far East (Aug 08)
- COSL Appoints Qi Meisheng as CEO and President, Replaces Li Yong (Jun 16)
Company: PNOC more info
- PNOC EC to Invest $182M in Philippines Oil, Gas Projects in 2016 (Apr 07)
- Red Emperor Completes Otto Energy Farm-in Agreement (Jul 27)
- Philippines DOE awards SC75 in the Palawan Basin to a Philex-Led JV (Jan 06)