Woodside Spuds Zoule-1 Exploration Well
The Stena Tay has commenced drilling the Zoulé-1 exploration well. Currently, the well has drilled 18-1/2 inch hole to 1,619 meters where casing is being run and cemented.
Zoulé-1, which is targeting Cretaceous channel sands, is located in 782 meters of water and has a proposed Total Depth of 3,730 meters. The well is approximately 78 kilometers from shore, 130 kilometers north of the Chinguetti Oil Field and 27 kilometers southeast of Pelican-1, a Cretaceous gas discovery drilled in Block 7 in late 2003 in which ROC has a 4.950% interest.
The Joint Venture Interests in Block 1 are Woodside Mauritania Pty Ltd as operator with 37.578%; Petronas Carigali Overseas Sdn Bhd with 35.000%; Hardman Petroleum ( Mauritania ) Pty Ltd with 18.422%; Planet Oil ( Mauritania ) Limited with 4.000% and Roc Oil (Mauritania) Company with the remaining 5.0%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Roc Oil more info
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)