DeepOcean Wins Decommissioning Work on Frigg Field
DeepOcean ASA has been awarded a Letter of Intent from Total E&P Norge AS for decommissioning work on the Frigg field. The value of the contract is approximately NOK 48 million.
Estimated start-up date is April 1, 2006 and the length of the work is approximately 90 days. The contract is an extension of the work DeepOcean ASA has done on the Frigg field during 2005.
The Frigg field, located on the border between the Norwegian and British continental shelves started production in September 1977. The gas was transported to St. Fergus in Scotland and sold to customers in the UK. At the beginning of the 1980s the Frigg field supplied the UK market with as much as one third the country's natural gas requirements. Frigg stopped producing October 26, 2004.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: DeepOcean more info
- DeepOcean Awarded Petrobras Contract (Jan 16)
- DeepOcean Board Recommends Trico Buyout Offer (Jun 24)
- Trico Buys Up DOF's Shares of DeepOcean (Jun 13)