Coogee Resources Spuds Magnolia-1 Exploration Well
Australian Worldwide Exploration Limited reports that the Magnolia-1 exploration well, located in AC/P 32, was spud on December 26, 2005. Currently, Magnolia-1 is drilling ahead at a measured depth of 477 meters.
Magnolia-1 is located in the offshore Timor Sea region, approximately 19 kilometers northeast of the Montara oil field and 28 kilometers southeast of the Skua oil field. Magnolia-1 has a planned total depth of 3,240 meters.
The well will target the oil potential of the Late Jurassic Montara Formation as a primary objective with the Upper Vulcan Formation and Plover Formation sands also considered as secondary targets for the well. The Magnolia-1 well will test a faulted four-way dip closure in a crestal position. The prospect could contain between 60-100 million barrels of recoverable oil should the well be successful.
Participants in AC/P 32 are Coogee Resources as operator with 20%; AWE Timor Sea Pty Ltd ("AWE") with 10.%; OPIC Australia Pty Ltd with 25.0%; Norwest Energy NL as permit operator with19.6%; Adelphi Energy Limited with 15.0% and Bounty Oil and Gas NL with the remaining10.4%.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Coogee Resources more info
- PTTEP Inks Agreement to Acquire 100% of Coogee Resources for $170MM (Dec 26)
- Coogee Resources to Initiate 100% Sale of Company (Oct 17)
- Coogee Resources to Abandon Wisteria-1 (Sep 18)