Ministry Approves Environmental Programs on 5 Blocks
Ecuador's energy ministry has approved the 2006 environmental programs for hydrocarbons companies operating on five blocks, the ministry said in a statement. The companies that received environmental approval were US oil firm Noble Energy's subsidiary EDC Ecuador on block 3, Calgary-based oil company EnCana with blocks 14 and 17, City Oriente on block 27 and Argentine oil company CGC and Tarapoa for block 23, the statement said. Environmental approval is designed to "guarantee the management of the fields in environmentally sustainable conditions, according to the legal environmental norms," the statement said. Oil companies have until December 1 each year unless another specific term is stipulated under contract to submit their annual environmental program, which must include all aspects of operations, investments and administrative expenses.
About Business News Americas: Business News Americas is a multilingual news and business information service that covers the most important original stories in 11 different business sectors throughout Latin America everyday. Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 7-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports.
Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)