Hardman Spuds Mputa-1 Well in Uganda
The Mputa-1 well was spudded on December 22nd and is currently drilling ahead.
Mputa-1 will target a structural prospect with potential multiple objectives. The prospect was defined by the 2005 onshore seismic survey and oil seeps have been identified in the immediate area.
The planned total depth is approximately 1,100 meters. The well location is 220 kilometers northwest of the capital Kampala and onshore 8 kilometers from Lake Albert. The location is 60 kilometers southwest of the Butiaba Waki-1 well (drilled in 1938) and 87 kilometers northeast of the Turaco exploration wells drilled by Heritage in 2002-2004.
Equities in Block 2 are Hardman Petroleum Africa Pty Ltd as operator with 50% and Tullow Oil with the remaining 50%.
- UK's Tullow Oil Lifts Outlook On Higher Crude Prices, Output (Nov 08)
- Tullow Oil Signs Exploration Contracts Offshore Ivory Coast (Oct 11)
- Britain's Tullow Launches Oil, Gas Exploration In Zambia (Aug 11)
Company: Hardman Resources more info
- Stratic Names Thomas CFO, Director (Jun 11)
- Govt Offers Blocks 2(ab), Guayaguayare to Hardman, Centrica (May 03)
- Tullow Reports Record Results for 2006 (Mar 21)