Technip Wins Contract for Two LNG Trains in Qatar
Technip has signed with Qatar Liquefied Gas Company Limited (3) ("Qatargas 3") and the sponsors of the Qatargas 4 Project ("Qatargas 4") a contract for two of the world's largest liquefied natural gas ("LNG") trains. This contract will be executed by a joint venture created by Technip and Chiyoda. The value of the contract is around USD $4 billion.
Under this contract, the Technip/Chiyoda joint venture will carry out the engineering, procurement and construction of Trains 6 and 7 at the Qatargas plant in Ras Laffan City, adjacent to Trains 4 and 5 currently being executed by the Technip/Chiyoda joint venture within the framework of the contract signed with Qatargas II. Each train is designed to produce 7.8 million tonnes per annum ("MTPA") of LNG.
Qatargas 3 (68.5% Qatar Petroleum; 30% ConocoPhillips; 1.5% Mitsui) owns Train 6 and will deliver LNG primarily to US markets commencing in 2009. Qatargas 4 (70% Qatar Petroleum; 30% Shell Gas B.V.) will own Train 7 and will deliver LNG to North American markets commencing around the end of the decade.
The Technip/Chiyoda joint venture has extensive experience in Qatar, including the
successful Qatargas debottlenecking project as well as the award and execution of Qatargas II and RasGas (3) projects. With the signing of the contract with Qatargas 3 and Qatargas 4, the Technip/Chiyoda joint venture is now responsible for building the world's six largest LNG trains, all of which are key to Qatar's strategic plan to become the largest global LNG supplier.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Shale Producers Urge FERC To Deny White Cliffs Oil Pipeline's Fee Request (Feb 23)
- Why Canada Is The Next Frontier For Shale Oil (Jan 29)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Chiyoda Corporation more info
- Japan's NYK Completes Acquisition of 25% Stake in EMAS CHIYODA Subsea (Sep 30)
- Saipem Bags 2 Contracts for Indonesia's Tangguh LNG Expansion Project (Jul 28)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Qatar Liquefied Gas Company Limited more info
- Technip Wins Contract for Two LNG Trains in Qatar (Dec 21)