Santos to P&A Firebird-1 Well
The Firebird 1 exploration well in JPDA 03-12 has been drilled to a total depth of 3675 meters and will now be plugged and abandoned.
The well intersected hydrocarbons in both the primary and secondary objectives and confirmed the stratigraphic potential of the play.
Flow tests were conducted however commercial rates were not established over the intervals tested. JPDA 03-12 is located in the Australia – Timor Leste Petroleum Joint Development Area and is 19 kilometers from the Bayu-Undan development in the Timor Sea, northern Australia.
The participants in JPDA 03-12 are Santos (JPDA 91-12) Pty Ltd with 21.4%; ConocoPhillips (03-12) Pty Ltd as operator with 42.4%; Inpex Sahul, Ltd with 21.2%; Petroz (Timor Sea) Pty Ltd with 13.4% and Emet Pty. Ltd. with 1.6%
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)