Weatherford Wins Supply Contract from Norsk Hydro
Norsk Hydro has awarded oil services company Weatherford a frame agreement for delivery of centralizer equipment to all Hydro drilling operations in the Norwegian offshore sector.
The contract has an estimated value of just under NOK 100 million for a three-year period, with options to expand the agreement for another six years.
The equipment will be used to ensure the best possible execution of well operations.
Significant drilling activity
As an operator, Hydro has had substantial drilling activity in 2005, with three mobile rigs on the Troll field and two in the Oseberg area, as well as five drilling operations on fixed installations.
Activity will pick up even more in the Norwegian offshore sector in 2006. There will be seven mobile drilling rigs active at various times of the year, as well as six drilling operations from Hydro's fixed installations.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Weatherford International more info
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)