Lundin Petroleum Wins Two Blocks in Norwegian APA 2005 Round
Lundin Petroleum AB has been awarded interests in two exploration licenses in the Norwegian APA 2005 Licensing Round. The license interests will be held by its wholly owned subsidiary, Lundin Norway AS, and include two operated license interests.
- PL 359 (up to 70% Lundin Petroleum and Premier 30%) located in block 16/1 and 16/4 (parts),
- PL 363 (up to 60% Lundin Petroleum and Endeavour 40% ) located in block 25/5 (part)
The work commitment associated with both blocks involves the purchase of 3D seismic.
Ashley Heppenstall President & CEO of Lundin Petroleum comments: "We are pleased to announce the award of these licenses. Norway continues to be a core area for Lundin Petroleum and we will continue to increase our acreage position particularly in areas on the continental Shelf close to existing infrastructure."
Lundin Petroleum is a Swedish independent oil and gas exploration and production company with a well balanced portfolio of world-class assets in Albania, France, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Sudan, Tunisia, United Kingdom and Venezuela. The Company is listed on the O-list, Attract 40 at Stockholm Stock Exchange, Sweden (ticker "LUPE").
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Endeavour International Corporation more info
- Endeavour Halts Drilling Ops at East Rochelle (Feb 14)
- Endeavour: Transocean Semisub Mobilized to Rochelle Field (Jan 07)
- Endeavour CFO Resigns (Oct 29)