Pertra Enters Hires Fugro-Geoteam for Seismic Study
Pertra AS has signed a Letter of Intent regarding 3D seismic data acquisition in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
In the announcement of new licenses published today, Pertra AS was awarded the operatorship of a license in Quadrant 25, situated centrally in the North Sea. The license, Pertra's top priority, encompasses the closed-down Frøy Field, where Elf produced oil in the 1995-2001 period. The work program includes Pertra shooting 100 square kilometers of new 3D seismic. Pertra has already secured a vessel by entering into contract with Fugro-Geoteam.
The seismic data acquisition will be carried out by the R/V "Polar Princess" and is scheduled to start in the middle of March 2006 and be completed in early May.
"In a market characterized by a shortage of seismic data acquisition capacity, we are very pleased with having achieved a start-up early in the season, thus ensuring progress in the project and compliance with our exploration obligations", comments the Exploration Manager in Pertra, Tom Bugge.
- Fugro to Cut Hundreds of Jobs, Sell APAC Business Unit due to Oil Glut (Aug 04)
- Fugro Completes Data Acquisition Program Offshore Western Ghana (Aug 03)
- ONGC Boosts Operations Off India Via New, Expanded Deals Worth $60M (Jul 18)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)