Dominioin Begins Production at Triton/Goldfinger
Dominion Exploration and Production, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dominion, has begun production from the Triton and Goldfinger subsea wells, located 140 miles southeast of New Orleans on Mississippi Canyon Blocks 771, 772 and 728 in the Gulf of Mexico.
Triton/Goldfinger consists of three subsea wells connected to the Devils Tower floating production system via insulated six-inch by ten-inch diameter flowlines. Devils Tower, the world's deepest dry-tree spar, is owned by Williams (NYSE: WMB - News) and operated by Dominion E&P in 5,610 feet of water on Mississippi Canyon Block 773.
The six-mile tieback was accomplished with a minimal 3.5 days of production shut-in time on the Devils Tower spar, and the wells were ready for commissioning a few days before Hurricane Katrina struck in late August. Since then, sustained production from Devils Tower has been limited by damage to downstream infrastructure owned by other companies.
Now that more downstream infrastructure has become available, the subsea wells have been brought on line, said Kevin Guilbeau, senior vice president and general manager.
Dominion E&P owns a 75 percent working interest in Devils Tower, including the Triton and Goldfinger tiebacks. Pioneer Natural Resources Company owns the remaining 25 percent.
- Dominion Hub III Project Seeking Binding Precedent (Jan 08)
- 2007 Mr. Spindletop Retires: Dominion Bids Farewell to Radtke (Jan 04)
- Dominion Closes Sale on its E&P Mid-Continent Properties (Aug 31)
Company: Pioneer Natural Resources more info
- Pioneer to Move to All West Texas Sand in 2019 (Nov 15)
- Pioneer Sells Pressure Pumping Assets to Midland Company (Nov 13)
- Pioneer Natural Resources Profit Hurt By Higher Costs, Hedging Loss (Aug 07)