Oil Quest Resources Begins Kirkleatham Drilling Program
Oil Quest Resources and Egdon Resources report that the BFD28 drilling rig is now mobilizing to the Kirkleatham-4 wellsite in Cleveland where drilling operations are expected to commence later this week.
The Kirkleatham-4 well will target the Kirkleatham prospect which is located beneath and to the west of the town of Redcar in Cleveland. The structure was originally tested by two wells in the mid-1940s, with testing producing sub-commercial gas flows in both wells from Permian age Zechstein carbonates. Seismic data shows the potential to apply modern drilling and completion techniques up-dip of both wells. The Kirkleatham-4 exploration well will test for the presence of an effective gas reservoir in this up-dip area of the structure. Kirkleatham-4 will be drilled as a vertical well to a prognosed depth of 900 meters and is anticipated to take 15 days to drill.
Oil Quest holds a 20 percent stake in the PEDL068 license on which the Kirkleatham-4 well will be drilled.
- Drilling and Completion Tick Up in the UK (Sep 21)
- British Shale Gas Gets Boost From Court Ruling On Permit (Dec 20)
- Egdon Increases Stake in PEDL201 (Nov 16)
Company: Oil Quest Resources more info
- Oil Quest Resources to Acquire EnCore Oil in Reverse Takeover (Feb 07)
- Oil Quest Resources Begins Kirkleatham Drilling Program (Dec 14)
- Oil Quest Acquires Additional 5% stake in Cleveland Basin (Oct 25)