Woollybutt-5 Well Drilling Ahead; Scalybutt Tie-in Progressing
Tap Oil reports that the Woollybutt-5 appraisal well, located in permit WA-25-L offshore Australia has reached 512 meters measured depth where casing was run and cemented. The subsurface zone which created drilling problems in the initial well is now behind casing. The well will drill ahead to the next casing point at around 1350 meters. The well is expected to take approximately 18 more days to reach total depth.
The tie in of the Scalybutt-1H well to the Woollybutt production facilities is continuing. Flowlines and control cables have been laid and work is proceeding on completing the tie-in.
The Scalybutt connection is now expected to be completed within the next 10 days. Unseasonable weather and equipment commissioning delays have been experienced in connecting the Scalybutt-1H production well.
This has required that Woollybutt-2H be shut in longer than expected and consequently, production from the Woollybutt field is expected to average around 10,000 to 11,000 bbls per day for the month of December (about 50% of previous budgeted production).
Upon completion of the connection of the tie-in works and initial well testing, all three wells (Woollybutt-1 and 2 and Scalybutt-1) will be on production at an expected combined rate in excess of 20,000 bopd.
Despite these delays, Tap's total production for the year is expected to be in excess of previous guidance at around 2.5 mmboe.
WA-25-L Joint Venture participants are Eni Australia Ltd as operator with 65%; Tap West Pty Ltd with 15% and Mobil Australia Resource Co Pty Ltd with the remaining 20.00%.
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)