TNK-BP Selects Schlumberger Petrel Software
Schlumberger says that TNK-BP has selected Petrel* workflow tools as its primary application for subsurface reservoir characterization to equip its newly created multifunctional teams with a PC-based, complete seismic-to-simulation software workflow.
The decision came at the end of a long-term technical evaluation in which Petrel and other commercially available solutions were used in everyday work on TNK-BP projects. The in-depth evaluation process included multiple TNK-BP subsidiaries across Russia, including divisions in Volga/Urals, western Siberia, Tyumen and Izhevsk technical centers, and Moscow headquarters teams.
TNK-BP assets and development projects comprise some of the most complex environments imaginable, including dual porosity, heavy oil and some fields with more than 20,000 wells.
According to TNK-BP, Petrel was selected because it provided a complete workflow from seismic-to-simulation and promoted better collaboration among asset team members. Further, TNK-BP asset teams found that Petrel was easy to learn and use and provided significant productivity gains.
"We are delighted that Petrel has succeeded in this head-to-head evaluation," said Olivier Le Peuch, president, Schlumberger Information Solutions. "TNK-BP has acknowledged the significant business impact of using Petrel in their multi-domain asset teams to develop a more thorough understanding of the reservoir, to assess risks and uncertainties, and ultimately to optimize production and enhance recovery."
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)