Harriet JV Spuds Marley-1 Exploration Well Offshore Australia
Tap Oil reports that the Marley-1 exploration well, located in permit TL/5 in the Barrow sub-basin, approximately 3.5 kilometers west-southwest of the existing Campbell Platform was spudded on December 9, 2005.
The well has drilled ahead to 738 meters measured depth and will drill ahead to a total depth of 4,132 meters measured depth.
The Marley-1 well is designed to test equivalents to the Linda Field Biggada Sandstone in a large structural / stratigraphic prospect with the potential to contain recoverable hydrocarbon volumes of greater than 1 Tcf of gas and associated condensate.
The Harriet Joint Venture well is expected to take approximately 40 days to reach total depth.
TL/5 Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Ltd. as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229%; and Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)