Vetco Aibel Wins Snorre A Contract from Statoil
A contract worth some NOK 90 million covering conversion work for an expansion of fire water capacity on the Statoil-operated Snorre A platform in the North Sea has been awarded to Vetco Aibel.
"This new fire water pump forms part of our long-term efforts to improve the level of safety and capacity on this installation," says Snorre operations vice president Øystein Arvid Håland.
"We're working to make the platform more robust, and the fire water pump plays an important part in this program."
The contract covers engineering, procurement, prefabrication and installation of one new fire water pump with associated systems.
This unit will have a capacity of 2,000 cubic meters per hour. A dedicated diesel engine will ensure that it remains operational for 18 hours, independently of other topside systems.
Work under the contract will begin immediately, and is due to be completed in May 2007.
The job will employ some 40 people from Vetco Aibel's engineering and fabrication team in Haugesund north of Stavanger.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Vetco Aibel AS more info
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Karsto Engineering Contract (Aug 30)
- Aibel Awarded FEED Study for New Ekofisk Topsides (Sep 14)
- Aibel Opens Office in Hammerfest (Jul 01)