Oceaneering Wins Umbilical Contract from Petrobras America
Oceaneering International reports that Oceaneering Multiflex has secured a contract to supply a steel tube umbilical to Petrobras America Inc., a division of Petroleo Brasileiro.
The order is for a super duplex, steel tube umbilical approximately 17.5 miles in length with chemical injection lines rated for 15,000 psi. Manufacture of the product is planned to take place at the Oceaneering Multiflex facility in Panama City, Florida for anticipated delivery in September 2006.
The umbilical will be used in the development of the Cottonwood discovery located in 2,200 feet of water at Garden Banks 244. Petrobras has an 80 percent interest in this discovery and is the block operator with Mariner Energy, Inc. as the partner with 20 percent participation in the project.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)
Company: Petroleo Brasileiro more info
- Brazil Oil Union Says Petrobras Pushing Back Against Strike (Nov 06)
- Executive: Russia's Gazprom Seeking Brazil Oil, Gas Investments (Jun 08)
- Petrobras Abandons Deepwater Prospect In Brazil's Top Region (May 27)