ABB Wins Several Contracts to Supply Power & Propulsion Systems
ABB has been awarded contracts worth $140 million to supply its Azipod propulsion systems for three vessels and electrical power systems for 11 new marine vessels and two semi-submersible drilling rigs.
"These new orders reinforce ABB's strong track record for reliability and fuel efficiency for marine operators," said Dinesh Paliwal, head of ABB's Automation Technologies division. "ABB is well positioned to benefit from strong demand in the marine and oil and gas sectors."
The orders, all booked during November 2005, include:
- Six 10 Megawatt (MW) Azipod propulsion units for three Arctic shuttle tankers being built for Russia's Sovcomflot at Samsung Heavy Industries in South Korea for delivery between 2007-2009. The order also includes main generators, main switchboards, propulsion transformers and remote control systems from ABB.
- One drilling vessel for Norway's Mosvold Drilling, also to be built at Samsung Korea. The ABB scope includes generators, thruster motors, main switchboards and transformers.
- Total electrical power system packages for two semi-submersible drilling rigs for subsidiaries of Jon Frederiksen-controlled SeaDrill Ltd. (Subsea Drilling Inc. and Subsea Drilling Inc. II). The vessels will be built at Jurong Shipyard in Singapore with the first rig delivery in early 2008.
- A contract to outfit three vessels at Aker Langsten shipyard in Norway. These include electrical propulsion systems for one well intervention vessel and one anchor handling, towing and supply vessel (AHTS) for Island Offshore as well as one AHTS for Farstad Shipping. Delivery of the equipment will begin in late 2006.
- High-voltage switchboards for four container vessels to be built at Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering for Hamburg Süd Group of Germany.
- High voltage switchboards and transformers for three LNG carriers being built for China LNG at Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding Co.
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Aker Solutions, ABB Team Up To Develop Subsea Production (Apr 27)
- ABB Wins NOK 1.1B Statoil Power Contract (Mar 16)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)