GlobalSantaFe Statement on Patent Lawsuit Partial Summary Judgment
GlobalSantaFe issued the following statement in response to a partial summary judgment in Transocean's dual activity patent lawsuit against the company:
"Summary judgment was granted on the issue of whether the 'apparatus' aboard our rigs was so similar to that patented by Transocean that it fell within the scope of their patents. GlobalSantaFe never contested that issue.
"The focus of the lawsuit is on the validity and enforceability of the patents, that is whether the patents would have or should have been issued had Transocean supplied the Patent Office with all of the available information regarding similar methods and apparatus either used by the industry or designed for its use prior to Transocean's claimed invention date. That will be the subject of the trial that is likely to occur next summer."
- Transocean's GlobalSantaFe Merger Proves Positive in Year End Review (Feb 20)
- GlobalSantaFe Updates Customs Investigation (Nov 27)
- Transocean Closes Merger with GlobalSantaFe (Nov 27)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)