Veritas Wins Seismic Work Onshore Libya
Veritas has been awarded a land acquisition project in Libya. The project is a multi-terrain 2D survey in excess of 2,700km. This will be the first acquisition crew mobilized by Veritas in the country.
The Veritas office is in the Al Fatah Towers in the center of Tripoli. Veritas' registration and presence in Libya has also seen the appointment of Shaun Graham as country manager.
Robert Hobbs, President of Veritas' EAME division, points out that, "the pace of events in the last year has been both dramatic and exciting. Libya is a strategic part of our EAME operations and we see it as one of the world's most important growth areas."
Veritas' presence in Libya is more than just a foothold, as Robert confirms, "we have the infrastructure in place to respond to the opportunities and challenges the future may bring. Our plan is to build on our acquisition successes with in-country processing projects that utilize the tremendous understanding Veritas has of Libyan seismic data. Few can match our processing experience in the region and we're delighted with the possibilities of expanding this within Libya itself."
- NOC: Libya Needs A Week To Repair Blown-Up Oil Pipeline (Dec 27)
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
Company: Veritas DGC more info
- KBR Splits from Halliburton, Names New Board Members (Apr 09)
- Caspian Services Adds Seismic Source Vessel to Fleet (Mar 29)
- Former Head of Veritas DGC to Take Reins at Technip (Jan 16)