Statoil, Hydro & Shell Get Haltenbanken Emergency Preparations Consent
Statoil ASA, A/S Norske Shell and Norsk Hydro Produksjon a.s have been granted consent for a permanent change in the consent to use the Haltenbanken area. This concerns introduction of area emergency preparedness.
The reason for introducing area preparedness is to have an efficient preparedness cooperation within geographical areas, and between different operating companies through the use of joint emergency preparedness resources, including joint standby vessels and SAR helicopters. The area cooperation also includes acute pollution preparedness.
In 2002, Statoil, Norske Shell and Norsk Hydro were granted consent to implement area emergency preparedness for the Haltenbanken area (see map) for a two-year trial period.
During the trial period, the Petroleum Safety Authority Norway (PSA) and the Norwegian Pollution Control Authority (SFT) carried out audit activities to see whether the emergency preparedness in the area was safeguarded in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
While use of the area resources led to good and efficient preparedness in general, the audit activities also pointed out certain weaknesses.
Therefore, the initial applications for permanent implementation of area preparedness were refused. At the same time, however, we extended the trial period by one year.
Based on the companies' applications for consent for the facilities in question, as well as subsequent correspondence and meetings concerning this matter, we have now granted our consent to a permanent change in the consent to use the Haltenbanken area.
The SFT will consider dispersion applications individually until these plans receive final approval.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)