Woodside Sells Stake in Blacktip and Penguin to Eni
Woodside Petroleum reports that its wholly owned subsidiary, Woodside Energy Ltd., has agreed to sell its Blacktip and Penguin interests in northern Australia to Eni Australia BV.
Effective from 1 December 2005, Eni will buy Woodside's interest in WA-279-P (53.85%), containing the Blacktip gas field, and WA-313-P (50%) containing the Penguin field.
In addition, Eni will acquire Woodside's interest in WA-34-R containing the Rubicon and Prometheus fields. The sale of WA-34-R is subject to the consent of other joint venturers.
The sale of Woodside's interests in all permits is subject to approval by Australian regulatory authorities.
Total consideration for all three interests is US$30 million.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)