Origin Energy's Myall Creek Gas Well Tests at 21 Million Cubic Feet/day
Origin Energy Limited reports that the flow tests on the Myall Creek 5 gas appraisal well, located in the onshore Surat Basin Production License PL174, confirmed commercial flow of gas from the Basal Rewan Sandstone.
The well commenced on June 11, 2005 with the Century 7 rig. Intermediate casing (178mm) was set at 1,840 meters and the rig was released on June 19, 2005.
Drilling re-commenced on November 26th with the BJ Services Coil Tubing Unit. The well was drilled underbalanced using nitrogen to 1,925 meters and, at 0600 hours EST today, was flowing gas through the flare line at approximately 21 million cubic feet per day on a 1 inch choke with a flowing pressure of 816 psig from the basal Rewan sandstone.
At this stage it is too early to determine the level of reserves which may be being addressed by this well.
Origin Energy CSG Limited has a 100% stake in the Myall Creek 5 gas well.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)