Larsen & Toubro Wins ONGC Project in Mumbai High North
ONGC has awarded a Rs.1000 crore turnkey project order to Larsen & Toubro Limited for 4 well platforms and inter-connecting pipelines for Mumbai High North and Bassein fields.
Three of these platforms, with 6 wells each, will be of the latest 'tripod' design, to be engineered by L&T's upstream joint venture engineering company, L&T-Valdel, in association with Worley Parsons.
The fourth platform having 9 wells, will be designed to handle corrosive 'sour' gas from ONGC's Bassein field. It will be constructed of special material like Duplex stainless steel and Incolloy cladded material for the topsides and pipeline.
L&T was awarded the order on the strength of its proven record in meeting several stringent requirements, including tight project schedules.
All critical structures for the project will be delivered from L&T's modular fabrication facility at Hazira, which are being substantially expanded to meet increased demands from ONGC and overseas clients.
In February 2004, L&T was awarded a similar turnkey project valued at Rs.1006 crores from ONGC for nine new wellhead platforms. L&T was given single point responsibility for the complete engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of the platforms. Of the nine platforms, five platforms were delivered by L&T in April 2005 as per schedule and the rest are to be delivered by February 28, 2006.
Operates 37 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
Company: Larsen & Toubro more info
- LTHE Sees India Investing $5B in Offshore Upstream Sector Over 5 Years (Aug 16)
- GE, LTHE Ink MOU to Manufacture Subsea Manifolds for India's DW Projects (Aug 12)
- LTHE-ECS JV Bags $1.6B EPCI Deal from Saudi Aramco for Hasbah Gas Project (Jul 22)