Apache Logs Gas Pay at Kultarr-1
The Kultarr-1 exploration well located in permit WA-334-P offshore Australia reached a TD of 2642 meters. Log measurements and pressure analysis have confirmed an approximate 35 meter gross gas column.
The well is located 9 kilometers west of the Harriet Joint Venture's Wonnich Production Platform, in which Tap Oil Limited is a 12.2% participant.
At this stage Kultarr-1 is considered to be a modest gas discovery and, if deemed commercial, would most likely be developed utilizing the nearby Wonnich facilities.
The reservoir target at Kultarr-1 was encountered around 90 meters high to prognosis and this result has potentially increased prospectivity within the immediate vicinity of Kultarr-1. As a result of the discovery nearby prospects and leads will be evaluated for near term drilling.
WA-334-P joint venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Ltd with 805 and Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with the remaining 20%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)