Stolt Offshore to Charter New Build IMR and Survey Ship
Stolt Offshore has entered into an agreement with Eidesvik Shipping AS to charter a new build ship for the Inspection, Maintenance, Repair (IMR) and Survey market for a firm period of 8 years, plus options for a further 12 years. The charter commences on delivery of the ship in mid 2007.
The ship, which will be built at the Norwegian shipyard Flekkefjord Slipp & Maskinfabrikk AS, will be 95meters long, with a moonpool, a high specification ROV system and survey suite, and will meet the latest environmental criteria.
Øyvind Mikaelsen, Vice President - Northern Europe and Canada Region, said: "This new addition to the Stolt Offshore fleet confirms our strong commitment to the IMR and Survey market in the North Sea where we currently operate the Seaway Petrel and the Normand Mermaid. This new ship will provide our recently formed Survey Business Unit with a market-leading asset to further develop our presence in this segment and offer our customers the latest technology in pipeline inspection, seabed mapping and construction support."
- Stolt Offshore Will Become Acergy S.A. Next Monday. (Apr 03)
- Stolt Wins $125 Million Deepwater Contract in Angola (Mar 10)
- Stolt Offshore to Hold Second Shareholder Meeting to Change Name (Feb 24)
Company: Eidesvik more info
- Eidesvik Takes Delivery of 'Viking Neptun' Offshore Construction Ship (Feb 17)
- Subsea 7, Eidesvik Unveil Latest IMR Ship (Jan 30)
- Eidesvik Wins Supply Vessel Contracts (Jun 15)