Antrim Says Bennachie Prospect Has Been Spud
Antrim Energy reports that drilling has commenced on the Bennachie prospect on Block 21/15a in the UK North Sea and operations are expected to take approximately 40 days. The well is being operated by Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited. This is the third well in Antrim's 2005 UK North Sea drilling program.
The Bennachie well will target the Jurassic Fulmar Sandstone approximately 1.5 kms from the original Bennachie discovery well 21/15a-2, which tested high quality 39 degree API oil at a stabilized rate of 4,364 barrels per day and 2.67 MMcf/d of associated gas.
Nexen has contracted Transoceans's semisub, Transocean John Shaw, for the operation.
Under the terms of a previously announced Farm-in Agreement, Antrim will
earn a 25% working interest in the license, including the original
discovery well, by participating in this well.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)