Hydril Receives BOP Order from Maersk
Hydril has received a purchase order for two deepwater drilling blowout prevention and control systems from A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S. Hydril will supply blowout preventer stacks, multiplex control systems and additional equipment for two ultra-deepwater development semi-submersible drilling rigs. Additionally, the company has received orders for five blowout prevention and control systems for jackup drilling rigs from a different customer. Deliveries for these combined orders will begin in the third quarter of 2006 and continue into mid-year 2008. These combined orders have increased the company's pressure control capital equipment backlog by approximately $60 million.
Chris Seaver, President and CEO of Hydril Company, stated, "Maersk is a highly-valued new customer and we appreciate their confidence in Hydril's ability to provide this technologically sophisticated equipment for their state-of-the-art ultra-deepwater development semi-submersible rigs which have been designed to improve drilling efficiencies and offer lower-cost development solutions. Their order reaffirms Hydril's leading position in the technically challenging deepwater arena and represents the largest single
order Hydril has ever received."
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Hydril more info
- GE Oil & Gas Consolidates Operating Company Brands (May 01)
- Athens Group's Increased Revenue, Growth Spurs Hiring Initiative (Feb 19)
- McObject Brings High Availability Data Management to the Ocean Floor (Dec 12)