FMC Technologies to Provide Subsea Equipment for Petrobras GoM Project
FMC Technologies has received an order from Petrobras to supply subsea production equipment for their Cottonwood project in the Gulf of Mexico.
The order includes two 15,000 PSI horizontal subsea trees, production controls, project management and engineering. The Cottonwood field is located in the Garden Banks Block 244 area of the Gulf of Mexico, in a water depth of 2,200 feet (670 meters). Petrobras America Inc. has an 80% interest in this discovery and is the block operator, with Mariner Energy, Inc. as the partner with 20% participation in the project.
"We are pleased to be chosen by Petrobras to provide subsea equipment for their first deepwater Gulf of Mexico project," said Peter D. Kinnear, Executive Vice President – FMC Technologies. "This reflects our extensive experience as a subsea solutions provider for Petrobras. We look forward to building on that relationship by serving their needs in the Gulf of Mexico."
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: FMC Technologies more info
- Technip, FMC Technologies Complete Merger (Jan 17)
- FMC, Technip Receive Clearance to Combine from European Commission (Nov 24)
- Restructuring at FMC Technologies to Continue Following Layoffs (Oct 20)