Beach Petroleum Spuds Cowrie 1 Well
Beach Petroleum has spud the Cowrie 1 located in the onshore Otway Basin exploration permit PEL27 using the Century 7 rig.
Cowrie-1 is located approximately 25 kilometers southwest of Naracoorte and will test the oil potential of a fault dependent trap at the Sawpit Sandstone level. Its planned total depth is 1,408 meters and the well is expected to take about 12 days to drill and evaluate. Cowrie-1 is the first South Australian onshore Otway Basin oil well to be drilled since Jacaranda Ridge-1 discovered a sub-commercial Sawpit Sandstone oil pool in 1999.
Participants in the Cowrie-1 well are Beach Petroleum as operator with 30%; Original Energy Resources Limited with 50% and Essential Petroleum Resources with 20%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Beach Petroleum more info
- Beach Commences Production from Middleton Gas Project (Jan 09)
- Beach Says Hello to Mr. Rod Rayner (Nov 11)
- Beach Energy Gains Majority Control of Adelaide Energy (Nov 10)