CNOOC Successfully Completes Bohai Bay Appraisal Well
CNOOC has successfully completed the BZ19-4N-2D well, an appraisal well drilled in Bohai Bay.
BZ19-4N-2D, located on Structure BZ 19-4N on Block 11/19, was drilled in 23 meters of water to a total depth of 2,390 meters. Drilling of BZ19-4N-2D commenced in August 2005. The well encountered 98.5 meters of pay.
Two drill stem tests (DST) were conducted in two intervals. During the tests, the well flowed at about 770 barrels of oil per day and 0.15 million cubic feet of gas through a 7.94 mm choke.
Mr. Zhu Weilin, Vice President of the Company and General Manager of Exploration Department commented, "The successful result of the appraisal is the continuation of our effective exploration programs and activities offshore Bohai."
Block 11/19 is a PSC block with ChevronTexaco as the only partner.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
- Chevron Expects LNG Supply Shortage By 2025 (Mar 06)
Company: CNOOC more info
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)