Prosafe Says the Abo FPSO Has Gone 1,000 Days without a LTI
Abo FPSO has been operating 1,000 days without a lost time injury (LTI). The vessel is operating at the Abo field offshore Nigeria for Nigerian Agip Oil Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of ENI. This excellent safety result proves once again that the zero mindset is realistic.
When saying that Prosafe believes in the zero mindset, we mean that we believe that active preventive efforts will allow our business to be pursued without negative consequences for human life and health, the natural environment and material assets.
Abo FPSO started production on the Abo field in the beginning of April 2003, and has in other words been operating without LTI since the production commenced.
"Achieving this milestone can only be attributed to good management and the professional way in which the crew undertake their daily work", says Arne Austreid, president and CEO in Prosafe ASA.
"The management's active and visible involvement has been a key factor in achieving this result. At the same time, the whole crew have performed their work in a safe manner, and observed the principle that Prosafe has a culture in which time is always available to do a job safely.
Both health, safety and the environment are on the top of the agendas of all Prosafe divisions, and we will continue to focus on the continuously improvement of our safety records."
The managements in Prosafe ASA and Prosafe Production congratulate all employees who have contributed to this major achievement.
- Norway's $24B Fund Seeing End To Losses In Oil Services (Aug 17)
- Prosafe Takes Delivery of the Safe Zephyrus Accommodation Vessel (Jan 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Delivers Accommodation Semisub Safe Zephyrus to Prosafe (Jan 19)
Company: ENI more info
- Offshore Mexico FPSO Contract Goes to Modec (Oct 12)
- Eni Makes New Gas Discovery in Egypt (Aug 30)
- Eni Acquires Leases on Alaska's Eastern North Slope (Aug 29)
Company: Agip more info
- Niger Delta Avengers Attack Escravos Terminal (May 26)
- CAMAC Ups West African Interests (Dec 30)
- Saipem Wins Jack/St. Malo, Kashagan Contracts (Dec 16)