DNV to Assist Technip with Agbami Work
DNV Technology Services has been awarded a contract with the French contractor Technip to provide third-party verification services for the Agbami field development in Nigerian deep waters.
The scope of work covers comprehensive third-party verification relating to the design and engineering of flexible risers, umbilicals and pipelines. Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited, an affiliate of the ChevronTexaco Corporation, is the field operator and DNV's contract is with Technip, the Paris-based subsea installation contractor.
Both the Independent Verification Agency (IVA) and Independent Competent Body (ICB) contracts have been assigned to DNV. The IVA scope covers all relevant third-party verification services, including design and engineering reviews, independent analyses, qualification testing activities, quality control inspections and audits. The ICB scope focuses on the verification of safety-critical element requirements.
This breakthrough project will be managed and executed from DNV Norway and will last for 18 months. Kim Mørk, head of DNV's Risers, Moorings & Umbilicals Section, says "DNV has had a significant involvement in recent deep-water field developments in West Africa, including Akpo and Rosa, where the DNV riser standard and recommended practice have been extensively used. The Agbami project will also showcase our expertise in flexible risers and umbilicals and reinforce our status in this market sector."
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- Chevron To Study Mexican Oil Block, No Drilling Seen In First 4 Years (Nov 30)
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Det Norske Veritas (DNV) more info
- DNV Wins Verification Services Contract with Wintershall (Jan 29)
- DNV GL Merger Gets Clearance from Competition Authorities (Sep 12)
- DNV Breaks Ground for New Laboratory in Singapore (Jul 01)