DNO Secures Rig for Jaguar Prospect
DNO has entered into an agreement with Peak Well Management Ltd. for the use of the semisub, Bredford Dolphin, for a one well program on Block 211/22B on UKCS.
Block 211/22B hosts an upper Jurassic prospect named Jaguar and the spud date of the well is estimated at around mid January 2006.
DNO secured a 60% working interest and operatorship in Block 211/22B earlier this year through a farm-in agreement with Elixir Petroleum Ltd. (Elixir) by funding 92,5% of the costs of drilling one exploration well on the Jaguar Prospect. Elixir retained a final 40% working interest in the block.
Unrisked resource potential given oil discovery is estimated by DNO in the range of 54-280 million barrels full field, with a most likely estimate of 138 million barrels - which is 83 million barrels net to DNO.
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)