Gulf Island Fabrication Wins Contract to Build Blind Faith Topsides
Gulf Island Fabrication's wholly owned subsidiary Gulf Island, L.L.C., has executed a contract with Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company, a division of Chevron U. S. A., to fabricate the topsides for the Blind Faith platform. The Blind Faith field is a partnership of Chevron and Kerr-McGee Corp. It is located in approximately 7,000 feet of water in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Financial terms are undisclosed.
Gulf Island expects to begin fabrication in the first quarter of
2006 and expects to deliver the topsides in 2007. The company will use
its existing facilities and labor in Houma to complete the project.
The projected revenue and man-hours for this project were included in
the backlog numbers released on Oct. 26, 2005.
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
- Chevron Expects LNG Supply Shortage By 2025 (Mar 06)
Company: Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc. more info
- Gulf Island Fabrication Signs LOI for GOM Hull Fabrication Proj. (Apr 29)
- Gulf Island Fabrication Inks Fabrication, Integration Contract in GOM (Nov 23)
- Gulf Island Marine to Build Offshore Support Vessels in Iraq (Mar 19)